Monday, June 11, 2012

The Future is Yours - Event & Overnight

High School Girls... Have you ever considered what's next in your life? 
Join us for an amazing opportunity for both high school girls and volunteers! We are hosting a unique overnight conference to help guide girls through a successful high school career and life beyond. You'll learn about career options, volunteer opportunities, and many other things to help you plan for your future!  Blogging for us is one of our fabulous breakout speakers for this year's event - read on!

_________________________________________________________________

Alisa Link - RAGBRAI
My name is Alisa and I’m a Multimedia Producer at WHO-TV Channel 13 in Des Moines.  My title sounds really professional, but I have a lot of fun at my job. 

I’m so excited to be speaking at a breakout session for this year’s The Future is Yours Event. At this fantastic event, girls will have tons of opportunities to learn about how to prepare for the future! Our hope is that girls who attend will walk away feeling READY TO TAKE ON THE WORLD!

My session is called The Secrets of Social Media and Blogging Basics. In this day and age, social media is SO important. It can serve as a very useful tool when it comes to applying for college, applying for jobs, networking, and of course, is a great way to share your hobbies and experiences with friends and family!

During my break out session, I’m going to talk about its importance as well as how much fun social media and blogging can be! I’m also going to talk about Internet safety and a few warning signs to look out for when you’re cruising the Internet.  It’s important to remember that not everyone is who they say they are on the Internet. 

I’m also going to talk a little bit about my job at Channel 13! I write the stories for the website, www.whotv.com. Sometimes the stories are the same stories you hear on the news, but other times they’re stories about events and causes I am interested in, or I think "Des Moinesians" might be interested in.

Another part of my job is social media.  I run WHO’s Facebook page and I run the WHO Facebook and Twitter pages for our sports show, SoundOFF.  I also have a hand in helping our reporters with their blogs.  

RVTV
Social Media has brought me on so many adventures.  I blogged my way through RAGBRAI (see picture above)
I tagged along during RVTV (see picture at left)… 
And recently, I’ve invited my readers to read along as I eat locally grown food for 100 days. 

It’s always fun to write about my experiences and share them with the world!  I can’t wait to chat with you all during my break out session at The Future is Yours, which is right around the corner! You won’t want to miss out on this amazing event!  Can’t wait to see you all in July!


Sincerely,

Alisa Link
WHO-HD Multimedia Producer
 

No comments:

Post a Comment