GIRL SCOUT CARAMEL DELITES WAFFLES WITH COCONUT CARAMEL SAUCE
Caramel Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tbs butter
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- In a pot over high heat, melt the sugar and corn syrup.
- Stir until melted, then stop stirring, allowing to boil untouched. You will start to see the edges of the sauce turn a dark amber, while the center is still clear.
- Swirl the pan, without stirring, to redistribute the sugar so the edges don’t cook faster than the middle.
- Once the entire pot is an amber color and you can smell the caramel flavors, remove the pan from the heat (about 8-10 minutes).
- Stir in the butter, the sauce will bubble up furiously.
- Add the coconut milk and stir until well combined.
- Allow to cool to room temperature before serving. Store in the fridge in an air tight container.
- 6 Girl Scout Caramel deLites Cookies
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbs sugar
- 3 eggs, divided into whites and yolks
- 1 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Butter flavored cooking spray
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Roughly chop the cookies and put them in a food processor, processing until mostly crumbs are left. A few larger pieces are fine.
- On one bowl, put the cookies crumbs, flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Stir until combined.
- in the second bowl, put the egg yolks, milk, vanilla and oil, whisk until combined.
- In the third bowl, add the egg whites and beat with a hand mixer until frothy and very light, about 4 minutes.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and add the milk mixture, stirring until just combined. Don’t over mix.
- Gently fold in the egg whites.
- Spray the inside of the waffle iron with butter flavored spray. Cook the waffles according to waffle iron specifications.
Top with caramel sauce, and additional Caramel deLites crumbs if you wanna get craaaazy.
Recipe Source: domesticfits.com